Anna Akana

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Anna Akana

Post by Oubliette »

Yeah, I agree it was probably Ray the one who initiated it. You can tell she's been really taken aback in her recent videos and all of them deal with her recent breakup somehow.

I hope they both can get through this. They seemed like such a great couple! Perhaps their careers were taking them in two completely different directions and there was no way of compromising in the relationship. It sucks either way.

Best of luck to both!

tps
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by tps »

Anyone catch her latest video with the song? I actually do like Anna, but even if I didn't, that would have made me pretty sad for her. Ray really did a number on her. :(

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

tps wrote:Anyone catch her latest video with the song? I actually do like Anna, but even if I didn't, that would have made me pretty sad for her. Ray really did a number on her. :(
Yeah, watching that was really sad. You can clearly tell she's having a lot of trouble coping with the breakup, which is why I think Ray was the one who decided to break up with her.

Speaking of Ray, he's been tweeting random things as of lately and I have the feeling they have something to do with the breakup. Perhaps he watches Anna's videos and he hints some things in his tweets:

maiaolorin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by maiaolorin »

Anna did a podcast and shared it on Facebook a while ago (before she confirmed the split), that I feel may have contributed to the breakup. Apparently she has a self-admitted lying problem. Most recently she was telling a "previous boyfriend" (I assumed Ray, but could be wrong) a story, but it wasn't her story and was actually his. He realized this, told her this happened to him, not her, and they got in a big fight about it. About halfway through the fight she realized it really was his story, never happened to her, but refused to admit he was right. She said it put a huge strain on the relationship.

I think Anna does great work. I've loved her since I found her through YouTube's recommended videos a year ago. I also loved that she was so open in this podcast and that she shared it on Facebook afterwards. This podcast is probably one of the best I've heard a YouTuber do. However, after hearing that she has a lying problem, I couldn't help but wonder while listening to the rest of the podcast. It kind of did a mind warp on me. There were SO MANY stories that were so relatable, especially how she grew up, but because she had said she had a lying problem I couldn't help but think, "This is a great story...wait, is it a lie?...No, it can't be, because why would she lie about this?...But she admitted to having a lying problem...OMG IS THIS A LIE? AGH! MY BRAIN!"

Here's the link - http://mentalpod.com/Anna-Akana-podcast

maiaolorin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by maiaolorin »

Sorry, I can't figure out how to edit my last post (no edit button available...did I do something wrong?), but I wanted to add that Anna starts talking about 5 minutes in. Also, (from what I remember) TW for suicide, child abuse, talk of drug use.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

maiaolorin wrote:Anna did a podcast and shared it on Facebook a while ago (before she confirmed the split), that I feel may have contributed to the breakup. Apparently she has a self-admitted lying problem. Most recently she was telling a "previous boyfriend" (I assumed Ray, but could be wrong) a story, but it wasn't her story and was actually his. He realized this, told her this happened to him, not her, and they got in a big fight about it. About halfway through the fight she realized it really was his story, never happened to her, but refused to admit he was right. She said it put a huge strain on the relationship.

I think Anna does great work. I've loved her since I found her through YouTube's recommended videos a year ago. I also loved that she was so open in this podcast and that she shared it on Facebook afterwards. This podcast is probably one of the best I've heard a YouTuber do. However, after hearing that she has a lying problem, I couldn't help but wonder while listening to the rest of the podcast. It kind of did a mind warp on me. There were SO MANY stories that were so relatable, especially how she grew up, but because she had said she had a lying problem I couldn't help but think, "This is a great story...wait, is it a lie?...No, it can't be, because why would she lie about this?...But she admitted to having a lying problem...OMG IS THIS A LIE? AGH! MY BRAIN!"

Here's the link - http://mentalpod.com/Anna-Akana-podcast
This is very interesting. I will listen to the podcast. Thanx!

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

I'll definitely listen to it as well. I agree that is actually really trippy. Kind of makes me a little creeped out by why she would do stuff like that.

I will say that I know for a fact she graduated high school in 2005 at 17 about to turn 18. It's weird that she pretends to be 23/24 when she's really 26/27. I didn't think too much of it before though. I attributed it to Hollywood and how actors often lie about their age.

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

Having listened to about half I would have to take back the creepy comment. Clearly her issues are trauma based and I can relate to some of what she said. I applaud her honesty and forthright narrative. That was very brave.

But yeah I guess by her own admission she had a large role in the breakup. Not to psychoanalyze her as this host did, but I still wonder if it's part of her trauma taking on blame (or more than her share of blame).

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

Oubliette wrote:
tps wrote:Anyone catch her latest video with the song? I actually do like Anna, but even if I didn't, that would have made me pretty sad for her. Ray really did a number on her. :(
Yeah, watching that was really sad. You can clearly tell she's having a lot of trouble coping with the breakup, which is why I think Ray was the one who decided to break up with her.

Speaking of Ray, he's been tweeting random things as of lately and I have the feeling they have something to do with the breakup. Perhaps he watches Anna's videos and he hints some things in his tweets:

Yeah the rent is due one I think it's a reminder to himself but the rest may well be to her. I have a feeling this breakup wasn't the most civil/untangled properly

TrollDoll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TrollDoll »

Wow I've never relate to someone so much! I too grew up and still in an area where mental illness are not really accepted my parents are almost the same as hers and I've lost someone really close to me. I'm a good actress too and someone I appropriate myself other people stories.I even sometime invent them! I thought I was a freak! Anyway thanks to whoever who posted this here and thank god I found Anna's channel 2 years ago. Truly inspiring young lady

Ps: can I just say the interviewer was a bit annoying and really inarticulate ugh trying to act like a therapist and all that. He got on my last nerve

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

McQueen. wrote:I kind took the rent comment as Anna talking about their relationship in videos for more views/money because they know everyone is curious about it atm...
I guess it's possible but I've followed him for awhile and he has it pop up every first of the month

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

HaateeU wrote:Wow I've never relate to someone so much! I too grew up and still in an area where mental illness are not really accepted my parents are almost the same as hers and I've lost someone really close to me. I'm a good actress too and someone I appropriate myself other people stories.I even sometime invent them! I thought I was a freak! Anyway thanks to whoever who posted this here and thank god I found Anna's channel 2 years ago. Truly inspiring young lady

Ps: can I just say the interviewer was a bit annoying and really inarticulate ugh trying to act like a therapist and all that. He got on my last nerve
Yeah totally. Like I said, makes the age deception seem very Hollywood and not unique. She is extremely honest and forthright in more ways than she gives herself credit for.

I disagree though, the host was great at making her feel comfortable enough to share such personal details. That counts for a lot and he is hosting a mental health podcast so it makes sense that he is versed in therapist language/has that kind of insight. Sort of wouldn't work for a mental health podcast if he didn't. Seemed like a genuine guy and I might listen to more of his podcasts

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

Anyone else catch the two tweeting drake lyrics (presumably to each other)? Ray deleted his earlier today

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

I don't know about the ones he deleted but here's what I gathered:

From Anna:

From Ray:

Now, I didn't know what the last one meant so I looked it up:

I think I'm leaning towards the possibility of Ray not being able to handle Anna's baggage. She does seem to have a lot to work on by self admittance and maybe somewhere down the road he just couldn't handle everything at once, plus I think that those song tweets about the "cheating" and everything are kinda weird. Did he accuse her of cheating? Who knows?

The "bye, Felicia" one is pretty harsh though, if it does mean what I found. I think Anna needs support now more than ever because she clearly can become really depressed (telling from her videos and tweets). I don't think she's let go of Ray and is probably trying to get back with him. It's almost as if she wanted him to understand how it works with her but I think it's too late.

I just hope that they both move on and can find happiness in whichever way they need to and be successful at their careers.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

Sorry for the double post but here are some new ones from Anna:

:?

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

Yeah... he tweeted "I'm so I'm so I'm so proud of you"like an hour after she did the take a shot for me lyrics but deleted it earlier today.

Clearly from all their subtweeting to each other the break up didn't go smoothly. Especially the last set you just posted "Felicia" "done"...

Sad because there's clearly still a lot of love there between the two but it is just coming out mostly negative right now. I hope they can figure it out but if they're only communicating through subtle tweets to each other right now (idk if that's true, just me speculating), then it may just continue in negativity.... no good.

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz »

Apparently, according to his fb, Ray is dating again. It seems a bit soon if it's true...and if he'swriting it because he knows Anna will see then that's kinda sad. I mean true or not, it really seems harsh to put it out there for his many fans to see as well. I think he's trying too hard to make himself seem okay, but I sure he's struggling just as much with the breakup. But he could handle it better I think. Really feel for Anna though :/

gossip_girl
Informer
Informer

Post by gossip_girl »

Dang, RJW can't catch a break with females. I'm not sure how I feel about Anna. I loved her and him, but as bad as this sounds, when someone admits to having a problem with lying, in a relationship, it becomes difficult to know/trust when they are being honest. He probably struggles with that wouldn't you? Plus, she's an actress and cute as heck so that alone is a combination for manipulation of epic proportions. It's like that Kandee Johnson, but Kandee doesn't realise she has a problem. Mental illness and relationships take a lot of work and it's not a quick fix. You don't get well, you have a lot of therapy, sometimes setbacks, but he would have to be committed or why bother. I hope they can get past it, from the outside it seems like there is still a lot of love there.

Post by Guest »

I have no idea who this is, but wow, she had a collab video with Daniel Radcliffe?? How do you even set something like that up.

mystical-rose
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mystical-rose »

^She probably reached out to his management team. He saw her work, and gave it a shot on working with her.

Return to “A-M”