Anna Akana

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
tps
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anna Akana

Post by tps »

mijuness wrote:
amaryllis wrote: I didn't know she lied about her age! I was actually surprised at her (claimed) age because I think she looks more mature.
I don't think she's lying about her age :/. I'm friends with her brother and they are definitely three years apart (he's 22).
She is lying about her age. And since she is, her brother's in on it as well, I assume.

My cousin went to high school with her and although Anna didn't graduate with my cousin, they were in the same class and graduated in 2005. Making her 26/27 and NOT 25.

I got nosy and went and checked USSearch.com just to see if my cousin's story (it was possible she was thinking of a different Anna) checked out. And yup- Anna Akana Los Angeles- 27. No other Anna Akana even close to that age in the US.

I don't care that she's lying- particularly because it is a pretty Hollywood thing to do, but in this case, it seems pretty clear that she is.

kabukixo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kabukixo »

[youtube][/youtube]

She's talking about her lying again. I think it's cool that she admits it, and it seems like she is legitimately working on it. I question a lot of her stories now, though.

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

To be honest I find it distasteful that she's started soliciting money from subscribers via patreon and her posters just as she stopped uploading her regular Friday videos. For her posters alone she made about 30k. ($15each for 2000). The posters at least they're getting somethingin return though. The patreon thing is gross

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

tps wrote:To be honest I find it distasteful that she's started soliciting money from subscribers via patreon and her posters just as she stopped uploading her regular Friday videos. For her posters alone she made about 30k. ($15each for 2000). The posters at least they're getting somethingin return though. The patreon thing is gross
Why is it gross? She's been pouring thousands of dollars of her own money into her short film projects, and she no longer has Ray's support.

Nana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nana »

I can't see how that is distasteful. As long as you are being honest on what the destiny for that money is, it's their suscribers prerogative to donate or not.

I fucking hate when youtubers try and guilt trip their subs into donating, but if they don't force it I think it's cool.

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

YunaOosaki wrote:I can't see how that is distasteful. As long as you are being honest on what the destiny for that money is, it's their suscribers prerogative to donate or not.

I fucking hate when youtubers try and guilt trip their subs into donating, but if they don't force it I think it's cool.
It's gross because she stopped making her weekly videos. I get that she is saying she'll use it for her short films but it is suspicious when she stops making the videos she had been making previously. Those videos were presumably paying her living expenses. So if she's collecting from subscribers and cutting out videos, that's suspicious at the very least. Maybe gross is too strong a word

gypsy
Learner
Learner

Post by gypsy »

tps wrote:
YunaOosaki wrote:I can't see how that is distasteful. As long as you are being honest on what the destiny for that money is, it's their suscribers prerogative to donate or not.

It's gross because she stopped making her weekly videos. I get that she is saying she'll use it for her short films but it is suspicious when she stops making the videos she had been making previously. Those videos were presumably paying her living expenses. So if she's collecting from subscribers and cutting out videos, that's suspicious at the very least. Maybe gross is too strong a word
What the fuck are you talking about? She's still posting videos weekly like she has been for months now. She hasn't missed a video in a VERY long time.
Image Image

tps
Learner
Learner

Post by tps »

gypsy wrote:
tps wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about? She's still posting videos weekly like she has been for months now. She hasn't missed a video in a VERY long time.
Lol at your hella aggro response.

Nope. She's been posting half assed "behind the scenes". I'm glad you can justify it. Doesn't mean I have to.

gypsy
Learner
Learner

Post by gypsy »

tps wrote:
gypsy wrote:
tps wrote:
Lol at your hella aggro response.

Nope. She's been posting half assed "behind the scenes". I'm glad you can justify it. Doesn't mean I have to.

I responded that way because you're not making sense. She has posted trailers and behind the scenes for her short films but she's also posted her monologue-type videos as usual. I don't see much difference than before.
Image Image

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

yeah she has been on schedule with her videos. but I personally do think the behind the scene videos and trailers are boring. I like her personality so I prefer her monologue-type video when there's a theme/main point and she talks or acts it out. Plus I don't watch her short films, the only one I saw (and didn't really like) was Riley Rewind but she didn't direct it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

timesnewroman wrote:yeah she has been on schedule with her videos. but I personally do think the behind the scene videos and trailers are boring. I like her personality so I prefer her monologue-type video when there's a theme/main point and she talks or acts it out. Plus I don't watch her short films, the only one I saw (and didn't really like) was Riley Rewind but she didn't direct it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Riley Rewind was a web series, not a short film. All her short films are one part, 10-15 minutes long.

thelastbagel
Informer
Informer

Post by thelastbagel »

It is interesting that she hasn't made a monologue video since her "Addicted to Lying" one. Maybe in her new effort to cut down on the lying, she has lost topics to talk about. It may just be a coincidence.

Post by Guest »

Her new short film is out!
(I don't know how to post videos, halp plz)

Does anyone else feel just a little disappointed by her short films? I think the production and cinematography and effects are amazing on all of them and there's obviously a lot of work put into all of them. But she hypes them up a lot and unfortunately the stories fall flat for me (especially Afflicted Inc. and this one). I know she didn't write this short and they're just supposed to be "short", but all of them feel a bit incomplete to me and could be fleshed out more in the same amount of time. Idk, maybe I just don't "get" the stories, but visually they are some of the best work that I've seen a YouTuber produce!

kittyklause
Learner
Learner

Post by kittyklause »

I came here to talk about this! I totally agree. Her shorts are well done, and with Afflicted and Here She Is they were really cool to look at and had great makeup. Buuut where's the story? Half the time the ending leaves you guessing, and not in a good way. In a I have no clue what the point of any of that was supposed to be and what does that ending even come close to meaning.

It's like I saw someone say in the Youtube comments, "Is this just another trailer?"

amaryllis
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by amaryllis »

I don't really watch her shorts... not interested. Good on her for pursuing her interests though. I hope it sustains her financially and opens up doors to further her career.

BTW who else is completely in awe with her body. She's like 100% muscle. I'd probably fall off and die if I tried to do those pole exercises!!

khurmushka
Debater
Debater

Post by khurmushka »

The last short. It was kind of boring, but liked it :)

Post by Guest »

Miss Earth was significantly better than Here She Is, imo. Much more clarity and everything, visually, was amazing. I was surprised by how long it was!

I still think that she's spending wayyy too much money on these shorts for not that much payoff, though :/. But if she's learning something and enjoying doing them, then good for her!

cdy

Post by cdy »

Anna is probably one of my favorite vlogger but I'm seriously contemplating unsubscribing from her channel for a while. Her new serie is so badly made.. It's like she needed an excuse to put her new boyfriend in her videos. Guess she learnt nothing from the whole RWJ fiasco.

thelastbagel
Informer
Informer

Post by thelastbagel »

I can't get past the first 2 minutes of this new series. Every guest has annoyed me, and I didn't think they were funny in the slightest despite being "comedians."

Post by Guest »

Yeah...despite what she said in her latest video, I feel like she needs to not work with her partners. At least not so soon! She just seems to keep jumping into projects with her new boyfriend left and right.

Return to “A-M”