Joey Graceffa

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa

Post by illegal_mind »

allisoonnn wrote:
Oh wtf I thought they lived in LA or at LEAST SoCal. How weird. I guess they just drive/fly down to LA a lot?
Well yeah unless Joey has some secret real non-youtuber friends then my bet is hes living alone.
yeah, they fly down to LA a lot, but they live in sacramento, it's where ian and melanie live as well and where they film smosh. their PO box is in sacramento as well (Smosh PO Box 276010. Sacramento, CA 95827. USA)
i think all of joey's non-youtube friends are the ones that live in boston. i don't think he has any in LA
The Internet knows all your secrets

peekaboo_heart
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by peekaboo_heart »

Maybe Luke is moving in with Ingrid and Joey is taking Luke's room?

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

I think Joey's only really friends with Luke at Echo Base.
Is he still friends with Whitney? Maybe he'll move in with her.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

I think he'll rent an apartment in the same complex Ingrid lives in...maybe

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

Joey is moving because he wanted to move, so he must have a plan. He will probably just get an apartment on his own since he just seems to play video games and watch tv when at home. He might move into the same building as Ingrid but i doubt it since the rent is probably a lot more than what Joey and Brittany both pay now. He probably wants his own place so he can "entertain" guys.

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

The amazing race is premiering on February 17th. Joey is probably going to get a ton of internet hate from the show. It should be interesting to see how he reacts.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

cheekycharles wrote:The amazing race is premiering on February 17th. Joey is probably going to get a ton of internet hate from the show. It should be interesting to see how he reacts.
I've never watched a single season if The Amazing Race but I'm tuning in this time :)

onlyhereforjoey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by onlyhereforjoey »

pie wrote:They do not have a responsibility to set a good example. YouTube is a business. Joey can use his so-called fame (and I use that word lightly) any way he sees fit. There are other YTers who do more charitable things with their fame, but they are not obligated to do so.
Whether or not famous people have that responsibility is something that has many different opinions. I think the influence they have on people means they should have to put it to good use. If you don't agree with that then we'll just have to leave it at that

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i don't really see luke leaving echobase, and it'd probably be a bit weird there with joey because he's friends with luke, the others are acquaintances that he made because of his friendship with luke. as far as i know he's still friends with whitney, she was on one of his vlogs (i think last week). there may be a vacant apartment on the complex he lives in right now tho. i remember when he and brittany had a problem with the ceiling their landlord sent them to another apartment in the complex and it was just a 1 bedroom (i remember that because joey said he and brittany had to decide who gets to sleep on the bed and who gets the couch), so maybe he'll move to that one, it wouldn't be much of a difference since it looks exactly the same as the one he lives in right now, except only 1 bedroom and it's in the same complex so it wouldn't be much of a move.
and i agree, the amazing race will probably bring him a lot of hate, and joey doesn't really seem to be good at dealing with negative feedback, so it'll affect him tremendly

onlyhereforjoey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by onlyhereforjoey »

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's opinion of Joey here? Some posts are by people that obviously adore him, but a lot are quite ambiguous and I wonder whether they join the discussion due to love, hate, or just being bored. I personally love him and want to marry him

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

onlyhereforjoey wrote:Out of curiosity, what's everyone's opinion of Joey here? Some posts are by people that obviously adore him, but a lot are quite ambiguous and I wonder whether they join the discussion due to love, hate, or just being bored. I personally love him and want to marry him
i love joey, there's obviously things about him that i don't like that much, but he's not perfect, so there's obviously going to be things about him that i dislike. i've been watching him since the beginning of his joeygraceffa channel and before that winterspringpro. i didn't join the discussion due to love, or hate nor boredom, i joined because i spent like a week lurking on this website and most of it was on this thread, so i created an account so i could talk about the things said here. i like being able to read other people's opinions about joey and all the things that are posted here. i may not agree with some things, but that's just my opinion differing from someone else's

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

onlyhereforjoey wrote:Out of curiosity, what's everyone's opinion of Joey here? Some posts are by people that obviously adore him, but a lot are quite ambiguous and I wonder whether they join the discussion due to love, hate, or just being bored. I personally love him and want to marry him
I find Joey entertaining to watch. In my opinion his persona we see in vlogs (his and others) is something he puts on for the camera. It'll be interesting if he keeps up that same persona for The Amazing Race or not (I imagine he probably would).

I know folks think his reactions to opening things he gets in his PO Box are rude, but I think it's all part of this persona, and he's doing it to be funny/entertaining and to add "shock value" (a lot of comedic actors generally appear to be intentionally rude on camera). I think it will be interesting to watch how (and if) his career develops.

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

I watch because he is an interesting character but I don't really like him as a person. He isn't very intelligent and seems to have a very limited perspective. I don't want him to fail but I do want to see his drama to unfold.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

cheekycharles wrote:
I watch because he is an interesting character but I don't really like him as a person. He isn't very intelligent and seems to have a very limited perspective. I don't want him to fail but I do want to see his drama to unfold.
^ Basically this. I don't think he's appreciative of his fans. He never acts truly thankful for any of his gifts (except the Totoro hoodie). He just grates my last nerve, especially with keeping his sexuality hidden and while he uses those horrible voices all the time. He's like a trainwreck - you can't look away.

I don't want him to FAIL, but I do NOT think he'll make it in the tv/movie industry. Modeling for clothing catalogs, maybe.

miriam78
Learner
Learner

Post by miriam78 »

I don't think he'll get anywhere, even with TAR involved, he is so limited.

trainer45
Learner
Learner

Post by trainer45 »

I like Joey, I just dont like some of his decisions he's making. I just really want him to have the best and to face what's going to happen in the future

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

joey announced on his new vlog that he and luke are doing a cover of one direction's new song and they're shooting the video on the weekend and apparently joey is dressing up as finn from adventure time for the music video??? not really sure about the connection, i think he's just obsessed for recently discovering adventure time so now everything is adventure time related.
also, does it look like joey is getting blonder? or maybe it was the light or because he just had a haircut idk, but his hair looks lighter that normal

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

Joey also said "I'll be a he - or a she, no a HE SHE" and laughed like crazy. That told me a lot right there lol. And yeah he does look blonder. He needs to cut his hair shorter so he doesn't need a haircut every 3 weeks.

here4thegoss
Learner
Learner

Post by here4thegoss »

:D :D he cant ignore that its the top comment, lets see if it gets taken down
the joys of trolling ;)

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

yeah, i actually didn't notice that, but it really does look like a dildo. i don't pay much attention to thumbnails, so i didn't see it
he'll probably ignore those comments if he sees them. and it's like 7am right now where he lives, and he wakes up at like 11am, so by the time he wakes up, those may not be top comments anymore. and he may not even check the comments, he always replies to comments when the video goes up, but he may not go check the next day

Return to “Joey Graceffa”