In Memory of Talia Castellano

maybe_its_photoshop
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: In Memory of Talia Castellano

Post by maybe_its_photoshop »

Flaffy22 wrote:Mattia just posted a video on Talia's channel explaining what happened:

Mattia seems like a sweet girl. I hope she's doing okay.
it doesn't have to be forever... just as long as i'm the name, on your tattooed heart ♥
[9.14.12]

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream »

I am so so sad. :( I wasn't expecting that this morning.

She was such a beautiful person inside and out.At least her suffering is over...Rest in peace babygirl <3

punchie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by punchie »

nikkixox wrote:She was such a strong little girl. It was so amazing that she always had such positive energy even though she was going through cancer. May she rest in peace now. She was such an angel.

On a side note, I just wanted to add regarding the old threat that why does it have to take someone to pass away for some people to realize that some of the words they say are hurtful? I am all for gossip and like this website for sharing opinions but we have to remember to draw a red line between gossiping and bullying. I think we all have to remember to be respectful to others. Words do hurt.
<3
hear hear! The admins of this site are dumb and disgraceful - i have been telling them this on email for months now and they just wouldnt get it. Shallow people and shallow lives.

farnearer
Learner
Learner

Post by farnearer »

Mattia's video made me cry. I could have never done something like this in such a short period of time. I'm a mess right now and I didn't even know Talia.

I feel like people really don't appreciate things until they're gone.
I'm really going to miss Talia, even though I didn't watch her videos on a weekly basis. But her positivity was what drew me to her and I can see that it was contagious because her sister seems incredibly positive about this whole experience. She believes that her little sister is watching over her and I think they are all comforted by the fact that Talia doesn't have to suffer anymore (as am I).

I think they'll all be okay in the end, they're an incredibly strong family and I feel like I have misjudged them a lot and for that I would like to apologise (in case they ever read this).

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

I'm glad that she's done hurting now.

boredreader
Talker
Talker

Post by boredreader »

Her sister mentioned a clothing line?

Mamasilverside
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mamasilverside »

Slagg wrote:
ChanelleJo wrote:OT: I don't understand why this thread is on the trash a guru section, that's disgusting.
A few users did suggest that they make a new thread in the Rave section; but a mod made this one & placed it here. The previous thread is also blocked from being viewed publically as there was a LOOOT of silly bickering on it.
I've just accessed this thread through the RAG (50,000+) section, so I think you can access it from both locations. Last I checked the RAG for Talia only had about 4-5 new comments, most people seemed to be heading to the now moved TAG Talia forum, so to me it made sense to place it there also.

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Bish »

Mamasilverside wrote:
Slagg wrote:
ChanelleJo wrote:OT: I don't understand why this thread is on the trash a guru section, that's disgusting.
A few users did suggest that they make a new thread in the Rave section; but a mod made this one & placed it here. The previous thread is also blocked from being viewed publically as there was a LOOOT of silly bickering on it.
I've just accessed this thread through the RAG (50,000+) section, so I think you can access it from both locations. Last I checked the RAG for Talia only had about 4-5 new comments, most people seemed to be heading to the now moved TAG Talia forum, so to me it made sense to place it there also.
Yep this thread can be accessed through both the Rave and Trash sections. I think they did it that way just so more people would see it. It's not meant to be disrespectful.

boredreader
Talker
Talker

Post by boredreader »

where can i see it?

khurmushka
Debater
Debater

Post by khurmushka »

Talia is at peace now. Heaven gained a new angel, a beautiful and wonderful angel.
She'll be alive as long as she'll be remembered.

I wasn't subscribed to her videos, but I watched some of them, I followed her story. She was such an amazing girl! So young, yet already so grown. She amazed me with her energy, optimism, being so joyful. That is really inspiring. Talia taught a lot of people that no matter what we MUST love life and fight to live, with all the ups and downs.

hay guise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hay guise »

^i agree.

I knew this was coming, all the pics they posted lately, she wasn't well at all. It freaked me out a bit to see most of the pics tbh. And I was actually surprised they were going to give her more platelets yesterday.

Talia was actually the first guru I watched and subbed to! I was ironically looking up hair tutorials and one of her vids was a suggested video ?? She did so much for cancer research and funding drives. Her spirit will be missed, but I'm glad she's not hurting anymore, rip bb.

NotSoVIP
Informer
Informer

Post by NotSoVIP »

I hope her family over come the lost of her, for me she is a very brave warrior in fighting with her cancer.

She never be forget.

moneytree$
Informer
Informer

Post by moneytree$ »

It is extremely sad when anybody passes on but she has done so much and had such an incredible energy that her presence will always be felt. It's sad knowing that they won't be around anymore but she should be an inspiration to others, to know that even when we are going through tough situations we can always try and make the best out of it. When my brother was murdered and I went to see him in the hospital to see him under that white sheet it was an extreme shock because he always had a loud presence and it felt like he was still around like he would just wake up. It's important to remember what Talia accomplished a lot in her thirteen years on earth and remember that spark she always had.

Rest in paradise Talia <3
Where you from?OAKLAND! Smokin!

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I made this thread here because it's easier to find. There's one in the Rave About a Guru that all of you who are offended by this one can visit instead. There was no subliminal message in placing it here. This is where her old thread was, and this one replaced that one. Those of you are making comments like that are the ones who are veering this thread off topic, so please go to the other one and comment there if you would rather instead of making remarks like "this is disgusting" etc.

Edit: It seems to be back on track, but this message still stands. Thanks.

laniezee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laniezee »

Yes, kittykat - that makes sense to just replace the other thread here. Thank you.

I did not get to see Mattia and Talia's mom's appearance today - I don't think I can watch it for a bit. I am not criticizing them but it's just too soon for me to watch it.

I've noticed on a lot of sites I've been to - she's made the mainstream media. On dailymailuk and also on Yahoo's front page. I bet she would have loved that! So amazing that she touched so many people's lives in such a short period of time. :love2:

Joey Fatone posted two tweets about her - as well as a picture from when they met. She was SO young in the picture -- still so sad that she started this journey when she was barely in elementary school..

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

I think it makes sense to have it here too. This thread has more readers/contributors. I was never a fan or a subscriber of talia. I watched some video after.I read about her on GG. When I read the news yesterday, I looked up her old videos and came across the one where she said she has between 4 months and a year to live. I cannot imagine how a 13year old gathers the courage to say it to the world with a straight face. How do you explain to a child that they are going to die soon. I want to say that her psychiatrists/counsellors did a fantastic job. No one in my family has had cancer except a distant relative who died after her breast cancer metastasized to her spine. A couple of years ago, I worked for a person who was battling stage 4 lung cancer.... His drawers were full of pill bottles and his medical bills were astronomical. He went to a support group where he got a pin that said - cancer sucks. And I thought to myself, why would anyone wear that and remind themselves constantly that they have this horrible disease that could kill them.... While watching Talia's video I thought Man! Cancer really does suck!

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I'm glad you understand why I put it here. I literally didn't mean anything bad by it at all. Hardly anyone visits the Rave section, and I knew there would be people who would want to express condolences/grief.

I hope Mattia and her mom are doing okay. I did not see their segment on the Today Show either. If anyone saw it and wants to recap, I'm sure a lot of us would be interested.

NARSMACBENEFIT
Learner
Learner

Post by NARSMACBENEFIT »

R.I.P Talia. You will definitely be missed by so many people around the world. Logged onto my personal Facebook this morning and so many of my friends were posting about you. I didn't quite realise how many people you have affected (in a positive way of course!). You will be remembered by thousands. And your personality will be remembered.

kisses
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kisses »

i believe the today show is up

for anyone who missed it & decides they want to watch it. i could be wrong but i believe that is what aired today.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

I only watched a few of her videos, but this just hurts. I haven't known about her for only a few months, but the thought of this horrible disease happening to a sweet child really makes me mad. My 2nd cousin's son died from Neuroblastoma at the age of 3 or 4 and it's a horrible cancer. I was very sad to hear the news. This girl rocked at doing eye makeup (from the pics I've seen). She was such a fighter and her cancer vlogs really impressed me with how well she knew what was going on and what procedures they were doing. I definitely don't think I know of any 13 year old that would be so well informed and positive about it. She was truly a great girl, and she will be missed by millions.

Return to “taliajoy18”