• Advertisement

Playlist Live

• Advertisement

Playlist Live

Postby AmandaPandaBear » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 pm

A lot of people say they like Playlist Live better than Vidcon. A lot of big youtubers go, it's in Orlando, Fl instead of LA and it's much more of a community than Vidcon. Have you guys been? Will you go in the future? How does it compare to Vidcon?
AmandaPandaBear
Learner
Learner

Re: Playlist Live

Postby germtheworm » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:32 am

I went to Playlist last year, and I'm going again in March. While I haven't been to Vidcon, I know of quite a few youtubers that prefer Playlist. I spoke with Nathan of Desandnate and he said that he prefers Playlist Live because the convention itself is held in a hotel rather than a convention center. This makes things super convient. Also, the youtubers that are staying at the hotel sometimes hang out in the lobby. I met a few that way and it was really cool to have the opportunity to just talk for a bit. Also, Mattg124 said in a video a while back that he likes Playlist Live better than Vidcon because its much more chill. Vidcon seems to have a stricter feel, if that makes sense. Playlist seems to be more like "Hey! There's someone that you want to meet? Come over and hang out!", where as Vidcon seems to be more like "Oh you want to see someone? Go stand in a line and wait." Also, the tickets for Playlist Live are currently cheaper than Vidcon tickets :D
germtheworm
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm going to playlist live. ;)

Postby Kleineganz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:08 pm

I'd like to go someday, but currently can't justify it. I already go to 1 conference and 1 convention every year and just can't fit another into my schedule. Maybe if I get popular enough on YouTube I'd go, but as of right now I see no reason to.
Check out my YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/Kleineganz and my blog: http://kleineganz.com
Kleineganz
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby GamerGirl1990 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Which one do you go to? Leaky Con?
GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Postby Kleineganz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:01 pm

GamerGirl1990 wrote:Which one do you go to? Leaky Con?

I go to Starfest in Denver every April as far as conventions go (and I cosplay at that one), and for the conference, I attend the Adobe Digital Marketing Summit in Salt Lake City every March.
Check out my YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/Kleineganz and my blog: http://kleineganz.com
Kleineganz
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:16 pm

It's not too far. Vidcon is much further and way too expensive.

Postby Kleineganz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:27 pm

britneyiswhatever wrote:It's not too far. Vidcon is much further and way too expensive.

$80 for Playlist Live, $100 for vidcon. Hmm that's not too expensive.

The Adobe Digital Marketing Conference I attend is normally $2,495, (I pay $1,495 because I have attended every year since 2005, so us long-time attendees get a nice discount).
Kleineganz
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 pm

It's expensive as in, I don't want to pay to fly out there and spend money on hotel rooms. That's expensive. I have a regular job and expenses outside of youtube conventions.

Postby Kleineganz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:24 pm

britneyiswhatever wrote:It's expensive as in, I don't want to pay to fly out there and spend money on hotel rooms. That's expensive. I have a regular job and expenses outside of youtube conventions.

Well so do I, which is why I can't justify going to the YouTube conventions. The Adobe conference is the most important one I attend every year.
Kleineganz
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:25 pm

I wouldn't go but friends of mine convinced me to, and it's not too far away. 8-)

Postby amyxoxo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 pm

no one important ever goes
amyxoxo
Learner
Learner

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Jenna Marbles went to Playlist last year.

Postby ohhaii » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 pm

doesnt charles trippy usually go?
ohhaii
Informer
Informer

Postby GamerGirl1990 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:33 pm

amyxoxo wrote:no one important ever goes

Jenna Marbles, DailyGrace, Shaytards, Tobuscus, iJustine, MyDrunKitchen, Prank Vs Prank, Tyler Oakley, KassemG, MeekaKitty, CTFxC, they all went last year and so did a ton of others
GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Postby PyroMakeup » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Been to Playlist live twice. Never been to Vidcon. I've heard Vidcon is way bigger, more Youtubers go to that on than Playlist, but if you go to Playlist you get more one on one with the Youtubers! :D So far I like Playlist! It's really fun, also the fact I LIVE in orlando makes it really easy for me to get to.
PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Postby FaeSolo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 pm

I want to go this year, because I live in Tampa so it's only an hour away. It's on my weekend birthday though, and I'm turning 18, so I don't think I'll be going :(. It sounds like so much fun though! I also might be going to Megacon though, and that's the weekend before Playlist and it's in Orlando too.
FaeSolo
Learner
Learner

Postby GamerGirl1990 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:22 pm

PyroMakeup wrote:Been to Playlist live twice. Never been to Vidcon. I've heard Vidcon is way bigger, more Youtubers go to that on than Playlist, but if you go to Playlist you get more one on one with the Youtubers! :D So far I like Playlist! It's really fun, also the fact I LIVE in orlando makes it really easy for me to get to.

I live in Georgia and I've been both years. I really like PLaylist but I've never been to Vidcon. Do you make videos or have a channel?
GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am

I hope some of you all go and we all know who each other is, haha.

Postby partaygurl12 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:54 pm

I've been and its nothing but a sex party. People hooking up so if you like that you'll love it there. I have a man and that's good enough for me. If you aren't single I suggest you don't go. But I know some girls on YouTube are way like that.
partaygurl12
Lurker
Lurker

Postby partaygurl12 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:45 am

If you've never been to playlist you are in for a shock. It's a bunch of attention hungry people who are in need of some kind of validation for being a youtuber. It's kind of raunchy and just eww. That seems like your thing enjoy.
partaygurl12
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:13 am

Jenna Marbles was sweet last year at Playlist. Hope she comes back.

Postby GamerGirl1990 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:29 am

YTguru wrote:If you've never been to playlist you are in for a shock. It's a bunch of attention hungry people who are in need of some kind of validation for being a youtuber. It's kind of raunchy and just eww. That seems like your thing enjoy.

How is it raunchy? Have you been? What are you talking about specifically?
GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Postby GamerGirl1990 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:31 am

partaygurl12 wrote:I've been and its nothing but a sex party. People hooking up so if you like that you'll love it there. I have a man and that's good enough for me. If you aren't single I suggest you don't go. But I know some girls on YouTube are way like that.

A sex party? I doubt that. I'm sure you're just exaggerating. Do you have examples? Who was hooking up? Youtubers hooking up with groupies or were there orgies or something? XD
GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Postby PyroMakeup » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:12 pm

GamerGirl1990 wrote:
PyroMakeup wrote:Been to Playlist live twice. Never been to Vidcon. I've heard Vidcon is way bigger, more Youtubers go to that on than Playlist, but if you go to Playlist you get more one on one with the Youtubers! :D So far I like Playlist! It's really fun, also the fact I LIVE in orlando makes it really easy for me to get to.

I live in Georgia and I've been both years. I really like PLaylist but I've never been to Vidcon. Do you make videos or have a channel?

Yep my channel is SweetMissVee :)
PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Next

Return to General and Miscellaneous